Apply to be on DXN cheer summer staff!
DistinXion Cheer is now accepting applications for the 2015 Summer Cheerleading Staff!
DistinXion Cheer Summer Staff will work at selective cheer camps throughout the summer, providing elite character and cheerleading training. Applicants should be current or recent college cheerleaders looking for an opportunity to teach and instruct junior high and high school cheer squads in a fun and challenging environment. Applicants should be committed to providing both elite cheerleading and character instruction. (All staff will be properly trained in safety instruction and camp material during the staff training.)
If you’re interested in being a part of DXN Cheer Summer Staff, please review the staff expectations, benefits, and instructions on how to apply below.
Cheer Staff Responsibilities
- Attend all training and staff retreats for training, teaching, and relationship building
- Commitment to the DistinXion Summer Schedule for which you are assigned (according to your availability)
- Coming to all DistinXion events prepared and in the correct attire (modest dress when not in uniform)
- Teach and instruct proper cheer, dance, jump and stunt technique
- Exemplify excellence in teaching and relationship building
- Mentor junior high and/or high school squads during camp
- Display the character values tha t are at DistinXion’s core
- Evaluate technique and skills of squads and provide positive criticism
- Provide an exciting and inviting atmosphere
- Display flexibility and willingness to make changes when necessary
- Willing to work hard to exemplify excellence
Cheer Staff Benefits
- Proper compensation for each DistinXion event that is assigned to you
- Higher compensation for experienced cheer staff members (Other select cheer camp company experience is accepted.)
- Paid travel expenses
- Complimentary room and board during DistinXion events
- Complimentary uniforms
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the cheerleading industry
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate summer jobs and internships
- Opportunity to instruct team and private cheerleading camps
- Opportunity to intern for DistinXion for college credit
All applications are due March 4, 2016.
All applications should include a tryout video submission displaying your abilities in jumps, tumbling, stunts, and a cheer and chant. There will be a place for you to upload the video on the application or contact Hope Zeller (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Email Hope Zeller with any questions at hopezeller@distinXion.org.